Site Rules Jun 28, 2010 12:29:20 GMT -7
Post by Dante in ze pot on Jun 28, 2010 12:29:20 GMT -7
[/size][/font]- - - General Rules
1. First and foremost, respect others. Don't post anything hateful towards another members, just be polite.
2. If you do have a fight, take it to PM. If it becomes a huge issue, PM a staff member.
3. Staff are staff. What they say goes.
4. Activity is nice. No, we can't be on 24/7, but if you can't keep up we will ask you to remove one of your charries.
5. When registering, register as the characters first and last name. If it's very long, use the first initial and last name.
6. Post in the claims after acceptance, and don't rp before being accepted.
7. Don't stretch the board with pictures. If it's too big, an admin will either resize it, tell you, or remove it.
8. Pictures must be appropriate. No nudity or excessive gore!
9. Please have at least one normal for every two reincarnates you have.
- - - Application Rules[/size][/font]
1. When posting your app, put LAST NAME, first middle. Like : SUE, Jane Mary. if it's a reincarnate, put the name they go by in public, not who they are.
2. Don't screw around with the coding of the app.
3. Barring identical twins, PB's (playbys) may not be used twice. You can change PB's, though.
4. If your app is not finished at the time of posting, put a notice of such in the title, like [ND] [not done] [in progress], whatever.
5. You can make up to four (4) characters right off the bat. After that, at least half your charries must have at least 10 roleplay posts. This is to ensure people keep characters active.
- - - Reincarnate Rules[/size][/font]
1. Reincarnate characters have all the memories of their past lives, and always have. They'd also know how to speak (and write, if they were literate) whatever language(s) they spoke in a past life, and retain most skills they learned in the past - limited only by their new body's physical ability. Generally, but not always, they realize they're reincarnated as soon as they know what that word means.
2. Reincarnate traits can change. Basic physical changes like hair color, eye color, height, etc., are changeable, though it is somewhat likely they will bear some resemblance to their past life. Race changes do happen. Gender changes do occur, but very rarely (and this often confuses the individual!). Personalities change somewhat, often due to modernization or culture change, but reincarnates are often drawn to how they used to be.
3. No, you cannot reincarnate someone who may not have existed (ie, Robin Hood), or a mythical figure like Zeus. You also cannot reincarnate individuals that have not done something noteworthy; ie., you can't reincarnate say, the parents of a famous figure unless they did something noteworthy themselves.
4. Let's not have any charries reincarnated twice. Ie, they were William Wallace then got reincarnated into George Washington then Joe Smith.
5. 95-98% of 'normal' students would know the term 'RSOR', but not what it stands for or is. This is for the sake of the plot.
6. And conversely, about the same percentage of reincarnates would be a member of RSOR.
7. The 'Leaders Panel' is the head of RSOR. They are a group of six canons, and six canons only.
8. You may not use historical figures that have not been dead for long enough to have been 'born again'. This should go without saying. For example, Rosa Parks died in 2005. Her reincarnate form, at best, would then be four or five years old - not sixteen or seventeen!
9. Lastly, just due to potential disaster, some people cannot be reincarnated or are restricted. See here for the banned and restricted list.
- - - Roleplay Rules[/size][/font]
1. All rp posts (barring IC Media) must have at least 400 words.
2. Use third person and past tense, please.
3. If you'd need an ID to see it in a movie, it probably shouldn't be around. Cussing? Go ahead. Violence? Gotta love it. But let's fade out when it comes to sex scenes. Besides, these are high schoolers...
4. Typical rp rules apply. Like godmoding, powerplaying, and the like.
5. If anyone is going to get killed, PM an admin and make sure that everyone involved is okay with it.
- - - C-Box & IC Box[/size][/font]
1. No advertising in the c-box.
2. Common sense applies!
3. The In-Character box is used mainly as a minor or group roleplay box. But don't go there instead of threading!
4. The IC-Cbox allows avatars. Avatars are 45 x 45. A direct link to the av goes in the email/url line.
5. Couples in the IC do have to interact with everyone else routinely. Yes, they have moments but for the sake of everyone else, please don't have them solely dealing with eachother, unless you two are the only ones in the box, or planning to go into the box.
6. In regards to the RSOR room and rping inside of it, a member of the RSOR leaper's panel (LP) must be present. This fits with the plot, since after all, only the LP have keys. When the LP member leaves, the RSOR room is closed, and cannot be opened.
7. It's hard for some people to keep up, so just be aware that you may have to slow down. I go too fast a lot. XD